Recipe from Taste of Home
- 1 packet stir-fry seasoning powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (inner leaves only), or 2 heads of butter lettuce and /or radicchio
- For garnish: Mint, cilantro, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine stir-fry seasoning, water, soy sauce, lime
- juice and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken meat and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook until browned, about 10
- minutes. Add red bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions and red
- pepper flakes and cook 5 minutes. Stir in reserved stir-fry seasoning mixture. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce cups garnished with mint, cilantro, bean sprouts and chopped peanuts. Yield: serves 6 to 8.
Our verdict: AWESOME!! I've made these for a couple of get-togethers/parties and they are always a big hit! We love them - and actually think they have better flavor than the lettuce wraps at PF Changs!! I haven't made them in awhile...I think I'm going to have to make them soon!! :)