Friday, November 11, 2011

Sweet Fire Chicken Breast


My very favorite entree at Panda Express is Sweetfire Chicken Breast. I LOVE IT!!! I love the breaded chicken pieces, but like that they're breast meat and not bits and pieces like in orange chicken. I like the sweet and sour and spicy sauce and the bell peppers and pineapple in it. So, I decided I wanted to try to recreate this - and I found a recipe. It was SOOOO good! Brandon told me it was better than the stuff at Panda. This is going to be a regular for us - which will ultimately save us a lot of money, because we go to Panda fairly often!! :) Bonus!! :) I was SOOO happy with how this turned out! :)

Sweetfire Chicken Breast
Recipe from here

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into approx. 1" pieces
1 cup flour
salt & pepper, to taste (we hardly use any salt and add more pepper)
canola oil, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan or PAM cooking spray
1/2 of a red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 of a small onion, chopped
1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped (could substitute a can of pineapple, drained - this is what I used)
Thai sweet chili sauce (I used about 3/4 cup, but we both would have liked it hotter, so next time I'll probably add more and maybe a shake or two of red pepper flakes)


Chop and prepare all ingredients before starting. Heat oil in pan on stovetop. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a gallon ziplock bag. Add chicken pieces and coat evenly. Once pan has heated, add the chicken pieces. Throw out the leftover flour mixture. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring several times to cook chicken. If the pan surface gets dry, spray some additional cooking spray on the surface or add a little bit more oil. Once the chicken has browned, add the bell pepper and onions. Stir in and cook about 3-4 minutes. Add the sweet chili sauce and stir. Then immediately add the pineapple and stir. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment