Recipe from Taste of Home
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into large skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 8 min. or until done. Drain. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in next 3 ingredients; cook 5 min. or until heated through. Add cream cheese; cook 2 min. or until melted, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan. Yield: 4 servings, 2 cups each.
Our verdict - Good. Nothing spectacular, but it was good. The sausage gave it good flavor. I didn't have a jar of spaghetti sauce, so I used tomato sauce and added seasonings. This was easy and good.