Friday, November 11, 2011

Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce

Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce
Recipe from: Family Feasts for $75 a Week by Mary Ostyn

2 to 3 pounds boneless pork chops
1 onion, minced
1 cup apricot jam
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375* F.
2. Place pork chops in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over top of pork chops. Cover pan with aluminum foil; bake until chops are cooked through, about 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven. To serve, ladle the sauce from pan over chops after plating.

Our verdict: These were good - but I think I will tweak it a little the next time! The pepper (which both of us normally like!) was a little overpowering in the sauce - so I think I will cut it in half at least. But other than that, these were pretty good - and I think I'll make them again, it's hard to find pork chop recipes that we like!! :) (Sorry there's not a picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment