Friday, November 11, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes



This is really tasty! Really great for lunch the next day too! I served it with some pita chips on the side, and I think it would be really good in some nice whole wheat pitas as well! I did add a little extra curry powder (not sure exactly how much!) because it was still smelling a little mayonnaise-y for my taste - and both Brandon and I could have actually used even more curry powder, so I'll probably double the amount next time! Other than that, it was really great! It's really excellent for the summer!! I love the combo of the sweet crunchy grapes with the curry.

Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes
Recipe from: Quality Health

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
2 tbsp scallions, sliced
2 tbsp orange juice
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1-1/2 cups red or black grapes, halved
3/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp pepper, to taste, ground
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced

Cooking Directions:

Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and whisk together until smooth. Toss the dressing with the salad and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment