Friday, November 11, 2011

Tex-Mex Beef Barbecue Sandwiches


Originally posted March 29, 2011

This was dinner tonight - first time I'd made it, but it's DEFINITELY going in our rotation of favorites! SUPER yummy, way easy!! The house smelled great when I got home from work! I didn't have a brisket, so I used a rump roast, and that worked great. My roast was relatively fat free, so I didn't have a lot to trim off which was nice. The sauce was a perfect combo of tangy, smoky and spicy. I think this would make great pulled pork sandwiches as well - using a pork loin (which are REALLY inexpensive at Cash & Carry by the way) or pork roast. I'll have to try that next time! I used onion rolls with this and they were perfect! Can't wait to eat this for lunch again tomorrow!! :)

**I've made this several more times since March, and we love it every time!!!

Tex-Mex Beef Barbecues
Recipe from Taste of Home

Ingredients

  • 1 fresh beef brisket (3-1/2 pounds)
  • 1 jar (18 ounces) hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 envelope chili seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 14 hamburger buns, split

Directions

  • Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, onion, chili seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and lemon juice. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
  • Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred and return to the slow cooker. Heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 14 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment