Friday, November 11, 2011

Korean Barbecued Beef (Kalbi)


Korean Barbecued Beef (Kalbi)
Recipe from: Family Feasts for $75 a Week by Mary Ostyn

2 pounds round steak (I didn't have round steak, so I used some other cut of boneless steak that I had in the freezer!)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup lemon lime soda
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped (I didn't have green onions, so I finely diced about 1/4 of a yellow onion)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sesame seeds


1. Thinly slice beef against the grain. Mix remaining ingredients together in a glass baking dish. Add steak; cover and marinate overnight. (I mixed this in the morning and let it marinate about 7 hours)
2. Preheat grill. Remove beef from marinade, and grill to desired degree, turning slices over at least once while cooking.


The Verdict: SO amazing!! This was seriously yummy!! We had some friends over for dinner that night, and I served it with rice and broccoli - and there was not one bit of beef left over!! We will make this again for sure! When I served it we sprinkled some red pepper flakes on - and that was delicious! I might add a couple of shakes into the marinade next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment