Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream


Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream
Recipe from here

  • 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli*
  • 1 (16-oz.) jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
  • 2 tablespoons white wine
  • 2 medium-size fresh tomatoes, chopped**
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Garnish: fresh basil strips

Preparation

1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan. Pour wine into sauce jar; cover tightly, and shake well. Stir wine mixture into saucepan. Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped basil, and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Toss with pasta, and top evenly with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired.
*1 (13-oz.) package three-cheese tortellini may be substituted.
**1 (14.5-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, fully drained, may be substituted.

Our verdict: This was really good and really simple! I had to make a few substitutions though. I couldn't find the sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce, so I used roasted red pepper alfredo. And I did use a can of petite diced tomatoes. Oh, and I only had red wine on hand, so I used 2 tablespoons of vodka instead of white wine. So basically, I made up a new recipe, ha ha!! I don't usually make things with jars of sauce - but I saw this on Pinterest, and thought it looked yummy. It went together really fast, so it'd be a great one to just keep the stuff on hand for, and if I don't have a lot of time, can throw it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment